Thank you for registering for RHL for the Fall 2020 Season!
RHL Training Camp is coming soon! This is a great way to kick off your RHL season.
RHL TRAINING CAMP
Get ready for the the season! Players have the opportunity to register for two days of on-ice training.
There are two Training Camp days offered for each age division. Enrollment for this program is limited.
COST: $36.70 for each day
Registration for Training Camp is available in OPENSPORTS https://opensports.net/medstar-iceplex-capitals-hockey-academy . If you have previously JOINED our Capitals Hockey Acadmey group, you can scroll through the calendar and join the age-appropriate sessions. If you have not previously created an OpenSports account and joined our group, be sure to do that first here https://opensports.net/medstar-iceplex-capitals-hockey-academy?c=MCICHA , then you will be able to access these session signups.
RHL TEAM PLACEMENT
The Hockey Director and RHL Coaches will draft teams based on the coach's knowledge of players as well as the experience you noted on your original RHL registration.
Players will be notified via email of their team placement by early September, including practice days/times, game schedules, and coaches.
6U Mini-Mites are not divided into teams for the season. All participants skate at the same time on Sunday afternoons.
Once the RHL season has begun, coaches will keep teams and players updated in addition to direct contact from the Hockey Director.
The RHL season begins September 12. Please note start dates:
• Saturday 9/12 –
o 10U,12U practices begin (1:40pm-5:10pm planned start times)
o 14U/16U Games begin (6:30pm and 8:00pm planned start times)
• Sunday 9/13 - 6U & 8U practices begin (1:30pm-4:10pm planned start times)
• Monday 9/14 through Thursday 9/17 - 8U, 10U, 12U weekday practices begin (see below)
• Saturday 9/19 - 10U and 12U games begin (1:40pm-5:10pm planned start times)
• Sunday 9/20 - 8U games begin (1:30pm and 2:50pm planned start times)
RHL Practice times for FALL 2020:
• 8U – Group #1: Mondays 5:10p-6:00p
• 8U – Group #2: Mondays 6:20p-7:10p
• 10U – Group #1 (3 teams): Mondays 5:40p-6:50p
• 10U – Group #2 (3 teams): Mondays 7:10p-8:20p
• 10U – Group #3 (2 teams): Thursdays 5:30p-6:30p
• 12U – Group #1 (3 teams): Mondays 7:30p-8:40p
• 12U – Group #2 (3 teams): Tuesdays 6:30p-7:40p
Please keep in mind that all dates and times are subject to change based.
RHL BUILDING AND PLAYER/PARENT PROCEDURES:
- Participants must enter the rink dressed in their gear (can put skates on inside if needed) (Goalies may enter with their skates on, their pants on, and their bag with the rest of their equipment if desired)
- Players may enter the building only 10 minutes prior to their event start time and must exit 5 minutes after their event ends.
- Temperatures will be taken at entry.
- Locker room usage will be dependent upon recommended guidelines.
- Participants will be assigned a station around the rink. Parents MAY NOT be able to watch practice or games as that may cause us to exceed the total number of persons in the building.
- Participants in RHL practices may bring in their hockey bag if they wish, however they will not be able to change out of their gear inside the rink.
- Face coverings are required while in the building. (Helmet and helmet cages/shields do not count as face coverings!) Players are not required to wear their face covering while on the ice.
- Participants must bring their own filled waterbottle. Water fountains are not available.