- Participants must enter the rink dressed in their gear (can put skates on inside if needed) (Goalies may enter with their skates on, their pants on, and their bag with the rest of their equipment if desired)
- Players may enter the building only 10 minutes prior to their event start time and must exit 5 minutes after their event ends.
- Temperatures will be taken at entry.
- Locker room usage will be dependent upon recommended guidelines.
- Participants will be assigned a station around the rink. If a parent wishes to watch practice, they must stay at the player’s assigned station.
- Participants in CHA practices may bring in their hockey bag if they wish, however they will not be able to change out of their gear inside the rink.
- Face coverings are required while in the building. (Helmet and helmet cages/shields do not count as face coverings!) Players are not required to wear their face covering while on the ice.
Are you a scheduler/rink interested in scheduling a game with a CHA team?
Click below to email us!
Our Capitals Hockey Academy Travel Team (CHATT) provides a tier II travel based experience for squirt, peewee, bantam, and midget players.
We are the Capitals Hockey Academy Travel Team (CHATT). CHATT is a Tier II travel hockey experience founded upon the principles of hard work, discipline, and fun!
WHAT do we stand for?
Our program is rooted in the principles of USA Hockey’s American Development Model and takes great pride in the growth of our youth players both on and off the ice.
WHERE we play?
The Capitals Hockey Academy program is located in the MedStar Capitals Iceplex, home of the Washington Capitals, in Arlington Virginia.
WHEN did the program begin?
The Capitals Hockey Academy travel program celebrated its inaugural season in 2012-2013.
Because we believe in the development and enjoyment of becoming a life long hockey player. We believe that lessons learned from competition and learning good sportsmanship are valuable life lessons both on and off the ice.