Effective Tuesday, November 10th
We are thankful that you are choosing MedStar Capitals Iceplex during this unprecedented year and we are doing our best to keep all employees, participants, and coaches safe and appreciate your help in making that possible which helps us to stay open!
Due to the rise in cases in our area we are implementing a new rule in regards to the hockey department. All participants must be in a mask on and off the ice at all times. The only exception will be athletes actively participating in a game or team practice. We hope that this new safety measure will help keep our facility and patrons protected. Thank you for your understanding!
We are in the process of migrating to our new database. Our new system is called DASH. This migration was originally planned for Spring 2020, but due to the shutdown, this process was delayed.
You can create your new account HERE.
PLEASE NOTE: If two adults are creating accounts in the family:
• While both parents should create their own individual Dash account, ONLY ONE parent/guardian should add the child/ren to their account.
o For example: Coach Brad has an account and added his child ‘Mac’ to his account. Coach Brad’s wife does not add ‘Mac’ to her account.
• Once both parents have created their individual accounts (with one of them having their child/ren on their account), email email@example.com to request that the two parent accounts be linked.
• Once linked, the second parent will be able to view the child/ren's schedules and receive team messages.
o If both parents add the child/ren to their accounts, this will create confusion as each child will then appear twice in the system. Please be sure to coordinate with your child/ren's other guardian/parent to ensure that only one of you adds the child/ren to their account.
• If there are additional people that are related that may want to come into the facility, they will also have to have an account, but again, they should not add your child to the system. Their account can be linked by emailing the above email address.
**MedStar Capitals Iceplex asks all customers to observe proper social distancing and wear a mask while in the facility.**
Please note updated spectator policy effective November 16. CLICK HERE for full details. Spectators will not be permitted in the building for any activity.
We require the following when visiting our facility:
When you arrive for your class or any activity, please have your DASH barcode available. You can find this by logging in to your account (either webbrowser HERE or Dash Online app), click on the dropdown in the upper right corner, and selecting member cards. You can pull this up at check-in, or take a screenshot of your barcode for quick access, or even print it out. Everyone entering the rink must have their own barcode.
Please note the following:
- Unless communicated otherwise, all participants must enter the facility from the 8th floor front entrance. You will check in when you arrive and be required to have your temperature taken. (The entrance by the elevators will not be available.)
- If your activity is on the Capitals rink, you will exit out the main entrance. If your activity is on the Arlington rink, you will exit out the Arlington Rink in the Slapshot corner.
- Participants should arrive at the rink fully dressed in their gear - you may put your skates on. Participants may bring hockey bags into the building if they are here for a camp, clinic, or league
-Please bring a filled water bottle. Vending machines and water fountains may not available.
- Registered participants will be allowed into the facility no more than 10 minutes before their activity start time.
- Participants must exit the facility within 5 minutes of the end of their ice time.
- Unfortunately, non-registered participants (including partners, parents, and siblings) will not be permitted in the facility to watch. An exception is made for young players. ONE adult may enter with the child.
- Effective November 16: there will be no spectators allowed at any activity that is hosted at MedStar Capitals Iceplex.
- Effective November 10: players must also wear masks while on the ice for clinics, classes, lessons, stick-n-shoot, pickup hockey, drop-in sessions, etc. The only exception will be players while on the ice for team practices and their games.
The Proshop will be open and skate sharpening, gear fitting, and other services are available!
We're so excited to have you back on the ice and appreciate your compliance with the COVID protocols that we have in place. We want you as well as our employees to stay safe and do what we can to reduce the spread of the Virus. See you at the rink!
UPDATE - 10/19/2020
At this time, there is no information available about future series of the Future Caps program. The current session dates are listed below.
When additional information is available, we will post it here.
The Future Caps program for Learn to Play at MedStar will resume on Saturday, September 26. This will be a 7-week series to wrap up the series that was put on hold due to the shutdown.
September 26 - November 7 (7 weeks)
No blackout dates.
This series is only for those who were previously registered and paid for the March-April 2020 series. Unfortunately, new participants will not be accepted into Future Caps for this session.
An email was sent to eligible participants on September 15. Contact Hockey@MedStarCapitalsIceplex.com with questions.
New Future Caps series will be coming, but information on start dates, times, and fees are not available. We do not know when that information will be made available.